Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Who the L.R.U.?

Hello, I am the author of this blog, Have License Will Query and I recently started working in an academic Licensed Resource Unit (L.R.U.). Welcome.

This blog is for the fulfillment of a class which fortunately for me has everything to do with my job. While I find the field of online resources to be extremely exciting and literally on the cutting edge of an information access revolution, I want to be clear that while I am writing this I am new to the field. I have been studying and working in online resources for a matter of months, not years. I encourage anyone reading it to consider the possibility that some content of the blog is partially if not wholly incorrect. So while I will be discussing readings from peer-reviewed journals, it will be from a limited perspective to the greater context in which the statements were made and the research conducted. In the process of learning, I am using this blog as a tool and I invite you to read along and join me in this journey.

More specifically, the purpose of the Have License Will Query blog is to record my research of peer-reviewed open access and licensed resource issues with reference to serials and databases in academic library settings. The mission will be to describe phenomenon within this field of information resources, explain its history, meanings, current circumstances and consequences. It will be organized sequentially by the following entry topics:

literature review and methodology

data analysis

discussion and conclusion

The blog will focus on various aspects of peer-reviewed open access, licensed resources, and repositories by exploring questions and comparing and contrasting viewpoints. The information resources will come from academic sources of information, academic research articles, trade press articles, interviews, conference reports and reflections on my own experiences as a user and academic library staff member. Expect all the content described to be posted weekly between June 16, 2009 to the end of July, 2009.

Please enjoy the blog and know that all comments are welcome and dialog is encouraged.

Please see the license (linked below) for this blog. This license was created using Creative Commons license generator (http://creativecommons.org/license/).

Creative Commons License
Have License Will Query blog by Elizabeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.


No comments:

Post a Comment